Friday, May 17, 2013

Teacup Succulents

This is part of what I did for my moms for Mother's Day this year.  I absolutely fell in love with them and will soon find teacups to make one for myself!  There is something so dainty and lady-like about a teacup and when you put a miniature plant in it kind of makes you want to swoon.




I checked a nursery and a few other stores for mini succulents, but found exactly what I wanted at Lowe's.  In fact I found all the necessary parts at Lowe's, except for the teacups - those are from Goodwill.




I used this soil, mostly because I'm a rule follower and it says cactus on it.  But I also felt like any good start I can give to these little plants would be a good thing.


The little rocks came in a bag called Soil Cover.  Since I didn't intend to put a hole at the bottom of the cup I figured the rocks would help for drainage.  



I really could see a few of these lined up on my kitchen windowsill.  And the nice thing is that they take very little upkeep.


Deep Thoughts:  "Life is like making tea - boil your ego, evaporate your worries, dilute your sorrows, filter your mistakes and get a taste of happiness." 


1 comment:

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Great Idea. I love succulents! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays. New Follower.

Jody