Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Happy 4th of July Card


A local scrapbooking group is starting to do a weekly challenge we're calling My Spin on the Pin.  Our only guideline is that it must be paper crafting related so I'm hoping to get some cards made and ready to send out.

Here's the pin I'm using - http://pinterest.com/pin/82331499410634118/ and here's my card:





4th of July is one of my absolute favorite holidays ever.  For us it's all about getting together and having a grand time with as many family members as want to come along.  We are almost always at the lake for the 4th and that includes decorated golf cart parades, homemade ice cream and swimming.  That night we will have air beds throughout the house, so much so it's almost difficult to walk around!  Just love getting everybody together.  :)

For this card - my stamp punch was a little bigger than the pinned card used, so I only used 3 stars.  I also didn't have any twine, so instead I used pop dots to give it some dimension.  The stamps are from the July Fourth set from Stampin Up.

This is really a lot of fun and I encourage everybody to look through their pins once in a while and do them instead of just collecting them - and I'm saying that for my benefit just as much as anybody else's!


Deep thoughts:  "Good friends are like stars.  You don't always see them, but you know they're always there."

No comments: