Monday, April 29, 2013

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats


I have loved eating and making Rice Krispie Treats for just about as long as I can remember.  Even as an adult you'll find me reaching for this treat above many more 'sophisticated' things at any sort of potluck.

Then I found out that you can add to them and make them EVEN BETTER!  While I still think the original recipe is the best, it's fun to change it up once in a while.

I first saw the Cake Batter Rice Krispie treat come through my Pinterest feed and it linked back to the recipe at Gimme Some Oven.  One thing about me, I am thorough, which in this case meant I read through all the hundreds of comments.




I ended up using the original recipe on the Rice Krispie box and added 1/3 cup of Pillsbury strawberry cake mix to the melted butter and marshmallows.  There really was just a nice hint of strawberry cake flavor!  And it made a beautiful, pastel pink color, but for my purposes I wanted Power Pink and added 3 drops of red food color.  Once I pressed the treats in my 13x9 pan I added a light mist of sprinkles on top just for fun.

If you're interested in more Rice Krispie Treat recipes I have a Rockin' the Rice Krispie Treat board on Pinterest.


Deep Thoughts:   Leave a little sparkle wherever you go

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.