Friday, April 27, 2012

Card #2 - Happy Birthday Beloved!

I love stamping cards and because of that I have quite a few stamps in my craft room.  Like, probably too many stamps.  The good news is that most places either no longer sell them on the wooden base or if they do they also offer the unmounted version. So much easier to store.


But what I'm noticing is that when it comes time to make a card I rarely look to see what I have.  Instead, more and more often I turn towards digital stamps and search online.  LOVE cards this way because the only storage is a little digital file tucked away on a hard drive.


This is the card I made for Keith's birthday this year and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.  It says what I feel about him and uses a pun, which we've really come to appreciate through our daughter-in-law.






I downloaded the image from Meljen's Designs and it was only two dollars!  Isn't it darling?  I printed the image on white cardstock, then cut it out using a die cut.  Then I printed it on the green cardstock, cut out the image and put it on pop dots to give it a little dimension.


And yes, we really are the Perfect Pear.  ;)


Supplies used for card:  Stampin' Up cardstock, digital image from Meljen's Designs, Top Note Die from Stampin' Up

1 comment:

Beanie said...

Of course you know I love digital also. If you do...I do...This is a darling card. Great job!!! I will have to save this link and take a looksy. In case you do not know about this link http://thepapershelter.com/ she has some darling ones also. I have bought several from her and made some pretty darn cute cards. Here is a tip I just learned recently. Not sure about you, but when I print these in black and white and color them myself with my prisma pencils and gamasol...occasionally the ink will smudge if I get too close to the ink lines...UGGG!!! So I learned if you will spray the image with inexpensive hairspray and let dry...then you can color them without smudging. Is that not the greatest thing. Cause I love to color my stamps especially with Prisma Pencils, but have not liked the smudging. The other thing I love about digital is that I can print and color one image and then I keep it for future cards. All I have to do is copy and print it over and over. Boy does that save time. I have a special little folder with all of my images that I have already done. Its just too awesome!!! I love anything digital and really enjoy working with it in stamping and scrapbooking. Just need to do more of it!!! Huggies