YAY – time for some blessings of the week!!! <—she says bouncing in her chair…. Thank you to Susanne for hosting each week!
1. Loreal EverSleek Intense Smoothing Shampoo – Is it bad that I’m starting off with something that is somewhat vain??? I actually first heard about this shampoo in People magazine (another guilty pleasure of mine) and figured I had nothing to lose, so found it at the Big Box Store (for a lower price than the link above by the way). I *love* this shampoo!!! I have battled frizzy hair for years and it looks SO MUCH better!!!
So yeah, vain or not, this stuff makes me so happy.
2. Coach Poppy Flower fragrance – Looks like this is the Vanity Edition of Friday Fave Five! I got a perfumed sample card in the mail and fell head over heels in love with this. I’m too cheap to buy it (yet?!!?), but I do pick up this card a couple of times a day and just love, love the scent.
3. Granddaughters – Specifically, MY granddaughter! We went out to dinner with them Sunday night, then back to their house to visit for a bit. She is the cutest thing ever and I so love playing with her! We didn’t get a lot of time to play, but we did get out her My Little Ponies and used them in her dollhouse. It really was quite fun to play and laugh together.
And we got this text yesterday from my daughter-in-law: “I was at the store yesterday looking at mirrors for the bedroom and parked Brooklyn in front of a mirror I liked as I was looking at the ones beside it to compare. I found another I liked and asked her if she liked the one in front of her or the one I had better. She said she liked the one in front of her. I asked her why expecting her to say it was pretty. Nope! She said 'Because it has me in it!!!’ I about died laughing!!!
I love 4 year olds……
4. Neighbors – We are so enjoying getting to know our neighbors better. They’ve got two of the sweetest kids and it’s so much fun to be around them.
Last night our doorbell rang after dark and it was mom and the kids delivering our Girl Scout cookies (woohoo!). The kids tore into the toy box so fast and were having a blast! Mom had a meeting to go to and had to herd them out, but I did tell them they could come over and play with me again very soon. (see #3 and me loving to play with kids)
And a couple of times this week while Keith was outside working on the fence the little guy walked over with his shovel and was ‘helping’ Keith. It is so adorable.
Oh and their daughter, kindergarten, was looking at how Keith had his iPhone hooked to speakers so he could listen to music while he works. She looked at him and asked “Do you have Angry Birds on that?” When he said no she looked at him like ‘well then what use are you?’ and went back home. LOL!
5. Corgi – When I went to a friend’s house Friday night (had the BEST time!!!) she was dog sitting a friend’s Corgi and I fell in LOVE with this dog! Me, a golden retriever girl through and through, has fallen in love with another breed. The more I think about it the more I think that might be a better thing for us to do when we are ready for another dog. I’m just afraid that if I get another golden I will look at it and be comparing it to Joe too often.
So I looked up Corgi rescue and oh yes, DFW does have one. I’m thinking before I did a breed switch it might be a good idea to maybe foster one and see if we like the way it fits with us. Who knows?