Oh my goodness – Valentine’s Day coming up! Weren’t we just singing Christmas Carols????
Time to share some of my favorite moments from the last week. What blessings abound and it’s good to take a morning and remember them. Thank you Susanne for providing us this time to share on your blog – Living To Tell The Story.
1. Salvation Army – Last Saturday my daughter and I joined a group from our church to serve lunch at the Salvation Army. I’m not sure what we really expected, but I can tell you that it turned out to be extraordinary. We were put on the ‘women’s’ team and served lunch upstairs to the women who lived there, mostly due to abusive situations.
My beautiful daughter, in between the groups of ladies coming in for lunch.
Our church does a “1st Saturday” project where we go out and do something for the community every month. This month was serving at the Salvation Army and it was so well received we’ve already scheduled another.
And this month we added a little something – out to lunch after the event for fellowship. What fun that was!
2. Time Spent With Friends – I got to go out with friends last Friday night and had the best time! The more I am with these ladies the more I love them. And lucky me, time with friends tonight as well!
3. Valentines for Brooklyn – I decided this year to do something a little fun for our granddaughter. They only live about 45 minutes from us, but you know how it is with busy. My plan was to put something in the mail to her every day in February up until Valentine’s Day. I got a little late start, but have made it every day so far.
Now when I say we’ve sent something every day I want to be clear that it hasn’t been big, fabulous gifts. We’ve sent cards – homemade cards, singing/dancing cards from the store, cards with stickers – and little gifts – box of conversation heart candy, valentine bead necklace, a pack of Valentine tissues, etc. Small things, but she has been having so much fun going to the mail box each day to see what is there.
We love this little girl so very much and it’s such a simple, small thing to do and brings her big smiles.
4. Orchestra at Church – Last Sunday was the first time we got to see our daughter play during church service in the church orchestra and it was wonderful! She and her brother both played the viola all through school, then the instruments sat. When our church put out a call for orchestra members she talked to the director, joined and is having a great time! Another girl her age also joined – and she plays viola as well so the girls are enjoying getting to know each other. God is so good. :)
5. Genealogy – This past week our son has gotten immersed in genealogy and is thoroughly enjoying it! What that means for me, besides the fact that is incredibly interesting, is that we’ve spent much more time on the phone together than normal. And what mother wouldn’t love that???