Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mara Shawl for Mom

When I thought about my mom’s upcoming surgery of course I wanted to do something to try and make it better.  As a knitter, the first thing that came to mind was to knit a shawl, something to put around her shoulders to provide warmth and comfort.

009 copy

 

This shawl was an absolute joy to knit.  I used Brooks Farm Mas Acero yarn, which is a dreamy wool/silk blend. 

SONY DSC

 

My wonderful sister-in-law volunteered to stand in as the model, and I’ll admit we had quite a bit of fun with it.  Actually, we have quite a bit of fun no matter what we’re doing.  Smile

002 copy

 

The Mara Shawl would more technically be called a shawlette as it’s a bit smaller than most shawls.  But mom loved the size as it was perfect for that little something to throw over your shoulders.

And yes, my mother loved it!

 

* Linking and Sharing with:

Todays Creative Blog

2 comments:

Scrapbdazzled said...

Love the shawl! Just the thing to make a sore shoulder feel better after surgery!
B.

Unknown said...

I love my Mara. I used Misti Alpaca Worsted and it hugs me like a cloud. Yours is beautiful.