Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Brooklyn Spends the Night

Saturday night Loni and Brooklyn spent the night so that they could go see a Barney stage show early the next morning. I never realized just how much fun it was to jump on an air bed, but she was happy to show us!


The next morning she headed to the car, armed with Barney and a sippy cup. Loni called after the show was over and said that Miss B loved the show and they even got to go to the meet and greet!

Every time we are with this little girl we are so very blessed. She makes us laugh and is filled with hugs and kisses.

This is why I didn't go to Barney - we were painting a room. Lynne' will be moving back home this weekend and we have been running around getting things ready. She's been gone for 2 years and I pretty much had turned her room into my sewing/quilting room and sort of extra bedroom. That stuff had to leave, which meant moving stuff around in a different room to have the space. So things from that room had to go to the garage. And so on.

I still can't get over how bold Keith and I were in choosing the paint color for the walls. We went for Almond Paste and in the little brochure it showed a room with this wall color and it was quite a bit darker than what it turned out for us. The good news is that it's a gorgeous neutral color though and the new blinds and valance all go together so well. And we even thumbed our nose at current wisdom and put a new ceiling fan in there, which is so pretty. I do not understand why ceiling fans are so out when they are so necessary in the summer heat. Either that or our electric bill will be so high that we couldn't afford it. :)

I'm so impressed with us for getting it done too. Two of my friends, Jeanie and Diana, do this sort of thing all the time. They will decide it's time to paint and BAM! it's done. Keith and I get the idea to redecorate, then we talk about it for about 5 years or so. About the time we think it's a good idea we start tossing around the idea that maybe we might want to move instead, so why do a big redecorating? So yeah, for us to make a decision and then follow through is pretty huge.

Regardless, I love the way the room turned out and I hope Lynne' enjoys it as well. :)

1 comment:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

That baby girl is growing so fast. So cute with her Barney!!!

and your room is gorgous!!! When I bought the red paint for my kitchen, the same thing happen. It was suppose to be one coat paint but when I put just one coat it was more cranberry than barn red. So we painted it a second, then a third, then a fourth coat before we got the color we were looking for. Kelvin was so sick of red by the time we got done. Of course it was worth it after we finished cause it was such a beautiful color. Anyway, so proud of you both for getting it done so quickly!!! I now present you with the Jeanie Getter Done Reward!!! It will come in your email!!!