Thursday, July 23, 2009

You Capture - Black & White

I found out about the You Capture photography challenge via Twitter (did I mention I'm a little addicted to that time stealer?). And way back at the beginning of this blog I mentioned several times my desire to be a world famous photographer (not to be taken literally). But what I would really like to do is to learn how to take and process photos more to their advantage. Don't be surprised to hear about the new class I'll soon be taking...

In the meantime, I might try a few challenges. If nothing else, it allows me to show off the most precious granddaughter ever. :)



The photo was taken just a few minutes before we were able to go in to her birthday party and start running and jumping. Note the darling bows in her ponytails, the bows that didn't want to stay in once she was running around. :)

And how cute is wearing a tutu when you turn two years old???




I decided to play around a little more in Photoshop and add the pink back to her tutu. Do you see her little sneakers peaking out from underneath the tutu? She is such a doll baby. :)

If you'd like to see more photo entries or perhaps get all the details and join in, head over to I Should Be Folding Laundry.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh yes, she is a cutie!!!

Stillmary said...

Your granddaughter is very cute in her tutu. Great job with the photo shopped version too.

Ginger said...

Great job! I love how you put the pink back in with the black and white...neat contrast! She is just darling!

Kathleen said...

She is beautiful! I love the edit you did with the pink! Great job! Welcome to You Capture!

Runner Mom said...

Hey, Elizabeth!! She is just precious!!! And, I love the little tennis shoes peeking out!! Darlin'!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I am loving reading your posts--and those recipes!! Yummy!!

I don't have photoshop, but a program similar--Creative Memories--which I've had since May and have not touched it but once!!! I know it has many of the same features! Just need to schedule some time there!

I'll be back to visit!
Hugs!
Susan

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

She is so adorable!!