Wednesday, January 16, 2008

T Minus 3 Days.....

WHEW - I feel like a new woman today! I've been trying to get things done at home, work is crazy busy (but good!) and my head was starting to feel like it was going to explode from overload.

Always wanting to take care of myself, I went to bed at about 7:00 last night....and slept solid til 8:00 this morning! Oh did it ever feel good!

Until I realized that there was daylight streaming in the window and that today is yes, a work day. I did an olympic leap out of bed, tossed some crunchies at the dog and cat and hurried to the shower. Indeed yes I was late to work, but I have to confess that other than the guilt I sure feel good. :)

Tonight is boot camp and we have another gal from work joining us for the first time. I do hope she enjoys it.

And my trainer has been badgering me about the 5K, so I did sign up yesterday. I had talked myself out of doing it, more out of fear than anything else. She kept at me and pointed out that when I go to the mall I probably walk 5K, so if nothing else I can walk it.

So yes ma'am I am all signed up for my first 5K run this Saturday morning. Morning...when the forecast is showing it will be 27 degrees. I truly must be crazy.

On the way home from work today, after boot camp, assuming I can still form complete sentences, I plan on stopping at the store and getting new running pants, shirt and jacket. It's important for my clothes to look good during this race. Because maybe it will take the focus off my face and the fatigue that will surely be showing there.

Not to worry though - Keith is planning on being at the finish line with camera on hand, as are several people from work. Because this truly is a huge personal victory for me to be doing this.

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is 3.1 miles. (I looked it up)
I can do that on a treadmill but it would all be walking! Shoes would be the most important for me. You are getting to be one fit woman! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the race.

Liz G. said...

I am so proud of you!! Know I'll be there in spirit cheering you on!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!

I"ve always been too scared to sign up for a race, even a 5K.