Friday, January 04, 2008

Given Enough Coffee...

...I could rule the world!
And though I like several different flavors of creamers, I have two seasonal favorites - coconut (I could kiss your feet CoffeeMate for having this year round now!) and pumpkin.
So when Jeanie sent out the recipe for a homemade version of pumpkin creamer I had to try it out. First though it required a visit to two of my favorite thrift stores to find an exquisite little covered glass jar to store it in. I didn't find what I wanted, but I found one that is good enough and because it was half price kitchen day I only paid fifty cents for it. Good to go!
I love this creamer - and really I need to make some to bring to work. The only thing I would change is probably a tad less cloves as it is a little strong for my taste.
PUMPKIN CREAMER MIX
4 t cinnamon
2 t ground ginger
2 t ground nutmeg
1 t ground cloves
1 t allspice (optional)
1 cup non-dairy creamer

Mix it up!

4 comments:

Loni said...

Yes bring it to work! ;o)

Peabody said...

What a great idea to make your own.

Anonymous said...

IMHO, I find that cloves and alspice are redundant. They really almost taste/smell the same to me. So, if you leave one out, you may not have to cut back on the other. This is just my opinion, please take it with a grain of salt.
m.

Unknown said...

This sounds good and what a way to have it all year long instead of just during the holidays. Thanks for the recipe and for visiting my blog. :)