Even though the day is almost over, I do still have time to share some blessings from the past week. Thank you to Suzanne for hosting the Friday’s Fave Five each week at Living to Tell the Story.
1. I’ve gotten to spend some time with my daughter the last few weeks and of course I always enjoy that. She lost her job right before Christmas, so she’s coming over to our house a few days a week to work on her job search. It’s just so cozy with the two of us working away at our computers in the same room. Praying she finds a new job soon!
2. Today the old bedroom furniture that was stored in the garage went to a friend’s home, which was really a win-win sort of deal. We were thrilled to continue our quest to simplify by freeing up some space and he was happy to have bedroom furniture. I love it when things work out that well.
3. I have gotten hooked on the HGTV show House Hunters International. The domestic version is ok, but I *love* seeing homes in other countries and learning about other cultures. I blame my daughter for this new addiction of mine.
4. A silly, silly thing to be so happy about, but I’m going to say it anyway – I’m so tickled with the new toy we bought for Joe, our geriatric golden retriever. It’s a stuffed mallard duck that we found at “the big box store” in the pet department for just under five dollars. The coolest thing is that he barely has to bite down on it and it makes a hilarious quacking sound. He gets going with that sound and I start laughing and can’t stop, which fuels him to chew it faster. Laughter is good for the soul.
5. My son sent the link for this video to me today and I’ve watched it over and over. Enjoy!